SDR SCCA

Thread: tire shaving

tire shaving

It used to be a fair number of places would do tire shaving, but it is looking like nobody does anymore. Does anybody know of somebody that still does it or even a person that has there own? (where did all those machines go?)

Quote Originally Posted by itrbruce View Post
    It used to be a fair number of places would do tire shaving, but it is looking like nobody does anymore. Does anybody know of somebody that still does it or even a person that has there own? (where did all those machines go?)
    Bump? Really, has this ability completely disappeared?

Last time I inquired, a year or so ago, I was referred to someone at Discount Tire
    Address: 4355 Genesee Ave, San Diego, CA 92117
    Phone: (858) 279-4781

There was some question at that time as to whether he still did it, and I never followed up.
    Old school
    Really old school

Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Last time I inquired, a year or so ago, I was referred to someone at Discount Tire
    Address: 4355 Genesee Ave, San Diego, CA 92117
    Phone: (858) 279-4781

There was some question at that time as to whether he still did it, and I never followed up.
    Thanks Frank.
    That is the place I used to use years ago and there used to be a guy there that ran the branch named Gerry, but it looks like he has moved up to Solana Beach and the machine that was there is gone. I talked to Gerry and he had no recommendations