SDR SCCA

Thread: Good Guys autocross promotion opportunity?

Good Guys autocross promotion opportunity?

Another thing that Gary's proposal brought to my attention is its only is for SCCA national events, which I do see the benefit of supporting local racers who are campaigning for national tour events, but it does not include other racing organizations that possibly could grow the exposure for the local region. For example, the Good Guys autocross is on a champ weekend this year. I know a lot of the CAM guys will be at Good Guys Saturday and some will skip Sunday there, to make the local champ event. I understand this is opening a can of worms and do feel it should not be given the points average exemption but its is scenario that I considered when mulling this over. This then has me thinking this is a great opportunity in many ways for the local SCCA to promote autocross and grow its numbers. Is there any sort of promotion materials, displays, people, who can be at the Good Guys autocross?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant View Post
    but it does not include other racing organizations that possibly could grow the exposure for the local region.
    Naming SCCA event's only was intentional. Everyone gets drops, be it for vacations, sick, other activities. The reason for SCCA National event proposal... was to eliminate competition of events within our own organization. Not having to choose local over national... solely to protect points locally, and forgo national events to do so. Goodguy's, Speedventures, etc. are competition to SCCA... but SCCA Nat & SCCA regional autocross events should not be competition to one another. They should be symbiotic.