SDR SCCA

Thread: SCAT November 19, 2017

SCAT November 19, 2017

Here are the preliminary class and PAX results from the SCAT event on November 19.

Final results are now up, randyc

Surprised that so many experienced drivers show more than one DNF.

Quote Originally Posted by Pervis View Post
    Surprised that so many experienced drivers show more than one DNF.
    Like your fellow TARTers Doug H (4), Dennis B (4), Rick P (2), Steve F (2), Erin T (2), ...
    And it wasn't just TART.
    Bill C (4), Mitch S (4), Dave D (3), Judy M (3), Tom H (3), Rod L (3), Mark M (3), Tim S (2), Robbie R (2), William Effn W (2), Stanley K (2), Kenneth B (2), Carl L (2) and Carl managed to get 2 more in his x-runs!
    And don't forget course designer Nima A (1)
    It wasn't the people, it was the course.
    But like I said in my video post, I actually enjoyed the course, even though I didn't win . It just took more course walking and concentration and of course the proverbial ... looking ahead seemed to help

Interesting course. Not bad, but challenging to most.
    Tight, fast transitions for us heavy car drivers. Some breezed through it with no problem.
    Some never got clean. Some DNF'd early, then went on to finish well.

I counted 148 DNFs including 6 poor souls who DNFd out. (of 165 entries).

I enjoyed the challenge. Thanks SCAT.
    Corruption of English is worsest than the worst.

You HAD to be precise. Correct speed, correct angle of attack.

It's not supposed to be easy, and this one wasn't.

'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.

Heh, Zak beat Poppy by two full seconds.

'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.

Probably the most technical and difficult to correctly read at speed course I’ve ever driven. Great for those of us in third trying to move into 2nd in the points, because it would expose your every weakness...
    CAM is good...

Quote Originally Posted by tomswheels View Post
    Probably the most technical and difficult to correctly read at speed course I’ve ever driven. Great for those of us in third trying to move into 2nd in the points, because it would expose your every weakness...
    Maybe not every weakness, Tom. This Thanksgiving, be thankful you never smacked the wall; hard; twice...

Happy Turkey Day everyone!
    Corruption of English is worsest than the worst.

I found out after the fact that I had DNF'd my first two timed runs, I have no idea where, but fortunately I was good after that, (driving a kart and sitting a foot from my exhaust pipe keeps me from hearing the announcer). I did get two more in x runs. One by a mistake and the other I think I got driving into the sun toward the lane change.
    It was a very challenging course to navigate but fun to actually drive. Some may complain about a course for many reasons but try to keep in mind that you will probably not improve your skills much if you always do fun and easy. This by far taught you how important a meaningful course walk is and keeping your mind ahead of the car. Definitely looking well ahead was a must. Great course Nima!

Administrator SCNAX
    Chattanooga, TN (just west of Tail of the Dragon)
    "Definition of a "good day" autocrossing? If you can make it all day without someone yelling at you." - R. Noll
    This forum and server sponsored by some guy in Tennessee