SDR SCCA

Thread: TART 10/15 Championship

TART 10/15 Championship

My best was 53.831

There was some drama about a cone call on Ric's last run - but it turned out I was watching closely and actually got a photo of his finish. The car before him had taken out the two right cones at the finish and I was worried that the course worker wasn't going to get them set back up and whether he would take the re-run or not. But they were put back before he got there and he didn't hit any.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 5.44.01 PM.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  75.1 KB

My final run was going well until the last third where I hit a cone and then got all sloppy. But looking at the TrackAddict data for the comparison of my 3rd and 4th runs I would have been faster if I had been able to finish that last run clean with the same pace I had on the third. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Robertsmania View Post
    My best was 53.831
    There was some drama about a cone call on Ric's last run - but it turned out I was watching closely and actually got a photo of his finish. The car before him had taken out the two right cones at the finish.
    My bad! I had no idea I caused any drama until the announcer said my name.

My best run. was an X run. 54.8 in an AS C5Z06. https://youtu.be/-bl_7BLC5K8

My two clean laps were 53.2 and 53.5.

53.2 with Bruce riding shotgun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A1v1oUdBTA

This was my first time attending a champ day event (after having come to practice days for a couple years). I've always only done X runs but I'm thinking It would be fun to join the competition. From what I can gather my best classing option is SU. I was on street tires so I think some A7's would put me in the mix.
    Last edited by Built2track; 10-16-2017 at 10:33 PM. Reason: embedded video

Dealer trim WRX on OEM SportMAXX tires.

56.9 plus 1
    57.3 clean

1993 325i Schwarz II - AST Suspension, PFC BBK, 17x9 DForce Wheels, AA Exhaust, AFE Intake - DD & Weekend Warrior
    2015 WRB WRX

Best dirty class run 52.895+1 (that stupid 4th cone in the 1st slalom that I could have so easily missed). If it had been clean Brian and I would have tied exactly.
    Best clean was 53.233 ... but all of my class runs were slow in part because I eff'd up and went right on the last slalom. From my data logging it looks like I was losing about 0.6 sec. Do'oh!
    I got the very first fun run (so the course was still in tact and I got a 51.898 (by going left) but the tires were cold and slippery and I hit at least 2 cones.
    My 3rd fun run (shown) was a clean 51.25 ... but not sure how soft the course had become.

Note: the GPS data logging on some of the runs that day were quite noisy. Did anybody else notice a problem?

DS racer, SMF dailydriver SCNAX chaz572's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    My bad! I had no idea I caused any drama until the announcer said my name.
    Not your bad, Eric. Clocks operator bad! He's the one who saw your car hit the two cones at the finish and said unequivocally, "Rick hit two cones." Which became the official word for a while because the station 5 radio worker was looking the other way, did not see the course worker at the finish line setting them back up, and so there was no radio call about it. We eventually had to stop the event and consult with the (non-radio) course worker at the finish line, plus Kris who clearly saw it from grid, to get the story straightened out.

Thanks for coming over to the trailer and telling us what you saw, Kris. That was some rockin honesty and integrity.

Late Apex Photos Are Posted

Iíve posted the photos from the first four groups at Late Apex Photo. I missed the combined 5th and 6th groups due to helping the PVA team. Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images