Registration is open! Would you just look at that CAM turnout already

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...ational-530740

Quote Originally Posted by cpasti View Post
    Registration is open! Would you just look at that CAM turnout already

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...ational-530740
    We promised them BbQ 😳
    CAM is good...

Thought you guys took care of that internally

Funny to see a Miata in Cam-C. Corvette motor?

"Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!" Kimi Raikkonen to his race engineer 2012 Abu Dhabi GP (Win)

That's crazy Velma, she is actually co-driving 98 Mustang....
    CAM is good...

Dang! CAM is taking over the world!
    The currently have 1/3 of the entries. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by itrbruce View Post
    ...and the corollary unimpressive applies as well...

Quote Originally Posted by cpasti View Post
    ...and the corollary unimpressive applies as well...
    Warren made me make a meme...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    CAM is good...

Thought some folks here might enjoy my attempt to create a CAM Challenge "Tune In" or event prediction write up.

I tried to make it fun and knowing most of the competitors in CAM-T and CAM-C I took a few liberties.

https://www.scca.com/posts/1983178-2...llenge-tune-in

Run order posted yet?

Steve

Yesterday, check the event supp regs on the SCCA event page

Can someone post a link to the run groups?

http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files...pdf?1488387817

Nevermind - here it is.

I assume it's the same both days although I don't see that anywhere.
    "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!" Kimi Raikkonen to his race engineer 2012 Abu Dhabi GP (Win)

Yes, same both days

Big thanks to the locals - especially Warren! - for putting on a great event, especially knowing how challenging it must have been with the weather, all the broken cars, often whiny competitors, and the minefield of a lot.

Thanks Jason!

It's always a great adventure, and a relief when it's over. I thought it went well. And congrats on your win! I don't think I have ever seen a better example of sanbagg.....errrr, saving your best for last.

Warren

Quote Originally Posted by j-rho View Post
    Big thanks to the locals - especially Warren! - for putting on a great event, especially knowing how challenging it must have been with the weather, all the broken cars, often whiny competitors, and the minefield of a lot.
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.

Wow! I completely missed this fine example of disrespect for your elders and betters.

'Revenge is a dish best served cold'

Quote Originally Posted by tomswheels View Post
    Warren made me make a meme...
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.

What's interesting about this is in the planning stages back in October (yes...October) i was asked if 160-170 normal entries and 50 CAM entries was doable...or if it was being too optimistic. Of course I said 'oh sure!' But counted it up and thought '210-220 at a Match? Are they crazy?' But we/they hit it pretty close. We sold out (200...not everyone showed) and we turned away at least 10 'normal' entries. Anybody who knows me knows I hate to turn people away...particularly in a format like a Match, which I think fits San Diego perfectly. But it turned out Carmen was the wisest of all of us. The logistics of this type of event are brutal. My Course Designer told me 'no worries on the course Warren, I did the math!' and I rolled my eyes and thought 'oh f#%k!'. But he, and the math were right. It's the same with entries math at a Match Tour. 200 over two days with a Match format...it's tough. But Carmen was right on her math.

But we ended up with a limit of 200, with an expectation of regular entries around 150, and 50 CAM entries.

They hit it pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by itrbruce View Post
    Last edited by nalbar; 03-06-2017 at 09:13 AM.

Jus a shout out to my team....most of whom we all know, and the vast majority of whom has done their jobs for years and years.

The usual suspect Jeff Lonsdale, Event Chair for the Test and Tune, and all around helper. Second year as officially Chair...but many many years of helping the Tour. Nothing is as dispairing as a Test and Tune that 50 people want to run at the same time....and being squeezed into the corner because of the river over flowing. Thumbs up to all the TART cohort that showed up to help!

Sherri Savage.....Chief of Food...but also did the new cone pick up and drop off, and ordered the porta potties, and many other things that I suck at. It simply would not have been successfull without her.

Ric Senior...Course Designer, and his team, Arvind, Peter, and Nima. Very much a team..in the good sense. Very well done. Course was exactly what we needed. EXACTLY. They took some of my valuable parking...but proved to me it was worth it. Peter gets an extra shout out for helping change the course Saturday night, and coming back for cones Sunday night....both nights that I know a cold beer would have been his preference. And let's not forget George Pollock, our lot patch Chief. San Diego has to have one.

Robbie Robinson..... Safety Steward. Did his job the way it needs to be done...quietly and competently, which could be the San Diego Tour motto.

Mark Mervich...Chief of Tech. Big shoes to fill, and he filled them. Thanks to him and his SCAT team for continuing the San Diego Tour tradition of Tech excellence.

Carl Miller....Chief of Course. 6 years now? Not much to say...because I don't even need to think about it all weekend, I just know it gets done. National staff was shocked...because Carl actually does the job the way it's supposed to be done.

Bruce McArthur....Chief of Waivers. Quiet and Competent. San Diego Style.

Gary Cameron....Sound Steward. He got the job perfect. Let's just say it different from local....and he understood. Quiet and Competent. He even drooped off the trailer on Thursday!

Marco and Jason...Chief of Registration......at least 6 years now...I don't even ask them, I just write them in. They find out the night before the event.

Craig Naylor...Chief of Impound. Well over 6 years at the job. I don't bother to ask him....I just write him in...he found out Friday night.

Special shout out to Todd...for picking up the trailer! I forgot all about it.....but he did not.

These are the people that you need to have a successful Tour. Most entrants don't know who they are, or if they are even there. Every one of them brought to their job that quiet, grinding competence that has become our signature. The no drama crew. Zero self aggrandizement on that list.

We don't promote ourselves....we just do the job........Quietly and Competently.

Thanks everyone!

Warren

Quote Originally Posted by nalbar View Post
    Bruce McArthur....Chief of Waivers. Quiet and Competent. San Diego Style.

Ric Senior...Course Designer, and his team, Arvind, Peter, and Nima
    A HUGE shout out to the FSAE guys for covering the gate in so many of the off-work-group time slots. Things would not have been nearly so "quiet or competent" without them. Thank you!

The course was a blast, easy to see, fast and safe. It was so good that even though my car was on the fritz and hopelessly un-competitive, I ran it on Sunday just 'cuz it was so much fun. Thanks!

And Warren never ceases to amaze me how he can manage to sit around so much (as well as do some of the menial jobs like blower and even a stint at the gate) and have everything seem to go so smoothly. I guess that is what prepping since October will do. Glad your idea of fun is to hang around all day in parking lots Great job Warren!
    Last edited by nalbar; 03-06-2017 at 11:18 AM.