SDR SCCA

Thread: SCAT December 11, 2016

SCAT December 11, 2016

Here are the preliminary class and PAX results from the SCAT event on December 11.

Updated to link official results
    http://sdrscca.com/solo-results-and-standings/ -randyc

Quote Originally Posted by LarryC View Post
    Here are the preliminary class and PAX results from the SCAT event on December 11.
    thanks so much for all you do Larry.
    2018 WRB WRX + 2016 GS Prepped Focus ST

Thanks!
    "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!" Kimi Raikkonen to his race engineer 2012 Abu Dhabi GP (Win)

My vtec goes BwaaaaAAAH! SCNAX HY.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryC View Post
    Thanks Larry!
    -Hank #13

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
    ― Edmund Burke

"Hank, YEEEE HAW!!! you're a tard head :P" - Diane Bollenbecker

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." -Obi Wan Kenobi aka Old Ben Kenobi aka Our Only Hope

Thanks for the FAST results lately, Larry!!

Were Michael H.'s listings for a "16 Chevy Corvette" a typo? (#1 B Street and #10 DOY)
    I can't find a listing for a 16 Corvette in B Street. Looks like it would be in SS.
    Factor for DOY for SS is .835 versus BS .826.

Best Regards, John
    Corruption of English is worsest than the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by lost won View Post
    Thanks for the FAST results lately, Larry!!

Were Michael H.'s listings for a "16 Chevy Corvette" a typo? (#1 B Street and #10 DOY)
    I can't find a listing for a 16 Corvette in B Street. Looks like it would be in SS.
    Factor for DOY for SS is .835 versus BS .826.

Best Regards, John
    Yep, looks right.
    Page 161 of the current rules has
    Super Street class (SS)
    Chevrolet
    Corvette Stingray (C7) (2014-16)

Michael drove Barbara's 99 Corvette in BS.

Thanks Jason.
    Other things to clear up that people might want to chime in on so Larry doesn't have to go investigate ...
    3 GS 13 Hank Y ? ford Focus ... What's the year?
    Did Gary really stomp the STS field by 1.747 and beat his dad by 2.2 in his (their) 90 Mazda Miata? Wow!
    Was Ian supposed to be in XP or SU? (he is shown split amongst both)
    Kenny B with his 73 Datson 240Z ... X-GS? I don't think so. XP? SU?
    Larry had a cone on his 3rd run? I find that hard to believe ... although I was announcing and remember it, but still -Larry never hits cones.
    And I know the Kiesels had some car trouble, but currently the 15 KFR Turbo Sprite is shown as BM and EM ... anybody know if it qualified for BM? (I just don't know)

Quote Originally Posted by itrbruce View Post
    And I know the Kiesels had some car trouble, but currently the 15 KFR Turbo Sprite is shown as BM and EM ... anybody know if it qualified for BM? (I just don't know)
    Yes. If you look here;
    http://www.sdr-scca.com/solo2/result...011-05-fin.htm

And look at Shawn's results you will see that she ran BM(L) in the past. It was litigated to the Committee and was shown to be legal. I probably still have the letter from Doug Gill somewhere.

It falls under Rule 18.2,

Dune buggies and DM/EM cars are allowed in BM at Club Racing ASR, CSR, and DSR engine and weight rules as long as they do not exceed the DM/EM aero rule allowances and with the following noted specifics:
    A. Tire covering shall be as noted in the DM/EM rules.
    B. Minimum body width between front and rear tires does not have to extend to the mid plane of the rims.
    C. Suspension does not have to be covered when observed from above.
    D. The BM minimum wheelbase of 80.0” (203.2 cm) is not required.
    Any dune buggy, production, or non-production street car meeting all GCR SRCS rule requirements may alternately run in BM with full BM Solo® Rules aero allowances.

Warren
    Last edited by nalbar; 12-12-2016 at 04:42 PM.
    'Go slow to go fast' they say'. Heh. Trust me...... when it comes down to the fast ones? They go fast to go fast.

Thank you Larry!
    Good people do the right thing when nobody is looking.
    #86 SM - 2013 Scion FR-S Firestorm AT
    Whiteline|Innovate Motorsports|Winmax|CounterSpaceGarage|Raceseng|Cusco|http://www.rs-r.com/

"They've obviously never driven a stock NC Miata. Those things need skidplates for the door handles." - wepeel ft86club.com

I haven't posted much about the events lately, but this one deserves a thumbs up. Course rewarded looking ahead, no low radius turns, plenty of "elements", well run given the short daylight constraint. Good work guys. Thanks.

"Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!" Kimi Raikkonen to his race engineer 2012 Abu Dhabi GP (Win)

Quote Originally Posted by froggy47 View Post
    I haven't posted much about the events lately, but this one deserves a thumbs up. Course rewarded looking ahead, no low radius turns, plenty of "elements", well run given the short daylight constraint. Good work guys. Thanks.

Agreed. Fun course. Thanks for the short lunch that kept everything moving quickly. Best part of the course was the finish. That was a great combination of elements and sloped areas of the lot!

Administrator SCNAX
    Chattanooga, TN (just west of Tail of the Dragon)
    "Definition of a "good day" autocrossing? If you can make it all day without someone yelling at you." - R. Noll
    This forum and server sponsored by some guy in Tennessee

Thank you sir!
    2018 WRB WRX + 2016 GS Prepped Focus ST