SDR SCCA

Thread: Run/Work order SD Tour '11

Run/Work order SD Tour '11

Run/Work order for '11 San Diego Tour

Run Heat 1: AS, DSL, GSL, HSL, STS, STU, ASPL, CSP, DSP, ESP, EPL, FPL, SML, SMFL, SSM, AM, BM, DML, EML, IDX1, IDX2, IDX3, STRL

Run Heat 2: ASL, DS, GS, HS, STSL, STUL, ASP, CSPL, DSPL, ESPL, FP, SM, SMF, SSML, AML, BML, DM, STR

Course open for walking

Run Heat 3: SSL, BS, CSL, ESL, FSL, ST, STXL, BSP, FSPL, XPL, CPL, DPL, GP, CM, FML, F125, FJA, FJB, FSAE

Run Heat 4: SS, BSL, CS, ES, FS, STL, STX, BSPL, FSP, XP, CP, DP, EP, GPL, CML, EM, FM, F125L, FSAEL

Not first this year, awesome!!!

Work Heat 1: SSL, BS, CSL, ESL, FSL, ST, STXL, BSP, FSPL, XPL, CPL, DPL, GP, CM, FML, F125, FJA, FJB, FSAE

Work Heat 2: SS, BSL, CS, ES, FS, STL, STX, BSPL, FSP, XP, CP, DP, EP, GPL, CML, EM, FM, F125L, FSAEL

Course open for walking

Work Heat 3: AS, DSL, GSL, HSL, STS, STU, ASPL, CSP, DSP, ESP, EPL, FPL, SML, SMFL, SSM, AM, BM, DML, EML, IDX1, IDX2, IDX3, STRL

Work Heat 4: ASL, DS, GS, HS, STSL, STUL, ASP, CSPL, DSPL, ESPL, FP, SM, SMF, SSML, AML, BML, DM, STR
    2016 Miata Meteor Gray Club 6 Speed Manual, #6
    2015 Mini Cooper S F56 Volcanic Orange 6 Speed Manual

Thanks for posting that Jeff.

So is the work/run order the same both days?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffBloch View Post
    Thanks for posting that Jeff.

So is the work/run order the same both days?
    Yes
    2016 Miata Meteor Gray Club 6 Speed Manual, #6
    2015 Mini Cooper S F56 Volcanic Orange 6 Speed Manual

Thanks for posting. Last yr was a nice break from yr's of 1st run group, but alas it's back to 1st run group again this year.

Interesting we have some of the loudest cars with most common noise issues running in the 1st run group where sound requirements are lower before lunch.

or...

Do we have a variance on morning sound DB for the tour vs. regular events?

Mark???

Will be interesting to see what people do with the most recent Fasttrack inclusion on National sound rules that forbid rotating the exhaust output from side to side depending on metering location.

IMHO, It's about time. Turning it was flagrantly rule bending.

Administrator SCNAX
    Chattanooga, TN (just west of Tail of the Dragon)
    Do we have a variance on morning sound DB for the tour vs. regular events?
    We do not handle noise infractions any differently based on time of day...so this is not any different.
    "Definition of a "good day" autocrossing? If you can make it all day without someone yelling at you." - R. Noll
    This forum and server sponsored by some guy in Tennessee

Senior Member DCCSD
    Quote Originally Posted by CNaylor View Post
    Will be interesting to see what people do with the most recent Fasttrack inclusion on National sound rules that forbid rotating the exhaust output from side to side depending on metering location.

IMHO, It's about time. Turning it was flagrantly rule bending.

The way I read the fasttrack rule is that it only says that you cannot rotate the exhaust as a repair method for the next day. It does not prohibit someone who has not broken sound (hence no repair method) from turning the exhaust. So it is not a complete ban on turning the exhaust each day.
    Mark Duerst

Quote Originally Posted by RandyC View Post
    We do not handle noise infractions any differently based on time of day...so this is not any different.
    Maybe it's changed. There was a SD sup reg rule that stated PAX, Mod, and Prepared classes will only run after either 10am or 11am (I can't recall, and I don't have a SD rule book anymore), because of the lower morning db requirement. A perusal through the event fliers so far this year would indicate SD seems to still follow this pattern, as those classes have not landed in either of the first two run groups.

It's either that, or they just receive special treatment and never have to run first two run groups on a dirty course to assist their TTOD and year end championship chances.

Quote Originally Posted by 73STS View Post
    The way I read the fasttrack rule is that it only says that you cannot rotate the exhaust as a repair method for the next day. It does not prohibit someone who has not broken sound (hence no repair method) from turning the exhaust. So it is not a complete ban on turning the exhaust each day.
    mia culpa... Repair it states. Then it goes on to list Unsportsmanlike conduct, for said repair? IMHO to rotation in advance is the unsportmanlike action.

Car A and car B are set up identical in every way. Car A remembers to rotate their exhaust, car B forgets. Car B rotates theirs after receiving a warning, to match car A. They are now identical again... but only car B acted in an unsportsmanlike manor?

I humbly disagree.

Senior Member DCCSD
    I think some wording such as "is not allowed" would make it a lot simpler.
    Mark Duerst

Administrator SCNAX
    Chattanooga, TN (just west of Tail of the Dragon)
    Quote Originally Posted by CNaylor View Post
    Maybe it's changed. There was a SD sup reg rule that stated PAX, Mod, and Prepared classes will only run after either 10am or 11am (I can't recall, and I don't have a SD rule book anymore), because of the lower morning db requirement. A perusal through the event fliers so far this year would indicate SD seems to still follow this pattern, as those classes have not landed in either of the first two run groups.

It's either that, or they just receive special treatment and never have to run first two run groups on a dirty course to assist their TTOD and year end championship chances.
    You are confusing two different related things.

Because of the idea that we have a different sound regulation in the morning in our contract with the stadium authority (and thereby the city), we (IMO) pay lip service to this by running certain classes later in the day. Even though those classes can still run before the cut off time... and even though the offenders are often NOT in those classes.

So yes that is the reason those classes do not run in the morning. But as I said, we do not handle noise infractions any differently from morning to afternoon. If you violate at 9:05am at 93db... it is exactly the same as a 93db violation at 4:45pm.
    "Definition of a "good day" autocrossing? If you can make it all day without someone yelling at you." - R. Noll
    This forum and server sponsored by some guy in Tennessee